Asthma and Allergy Trivia, Since I Overslept
I had a post half-started for today but the girls’ schools let out last week, day camp doesn’t start until next week, and I am late, late, late.
It feels like a trivia kind of morning.
Who says asthma and allergies can’t be fun? Or mildly entertaining, at least.
1. Dark-colored cats are way more likely to cause allergies than light-colored ones.
2. Ragweed grows everywhere except Antarctica.
3. There are no dust mites there, either.
4. It is impossible to be allergic to sugars or fats, since the allergic response is triggered by protein.
5. Paper mulberry trees are among the worst in the world for pollen allergies. So bad, in fact, that one Pakistani city is looking at cutting down and replacing each one since many residents experience severe allergies and for some, even acute respiratory failure, every spring.
6. Adults generally take 7 million+ breaths every year.
Want more? This site has some great facts, but they’re mixed in with treatment tips so you’ve got to do a little searching.