Earth Day Freebies, Discounts & More
I have a strong degree of. . . . ambivalence when it comes to Earth Day. Creating awareness about sustainable choices, the importance of relying on renewable resources, and other assorted environmental hot topics is always a good thing – particularly when it comes to air quality, my own personal soapbox issue. But everyone knows what the downside is of one-day awareness – those 364 other days.
In the spirit of the day, why not make one baby eco-step starting tomorrow or support local businesses by attending an event in your area?
Plus! Free stuff:
1. As always, Ben & Jerry’s celebrates Earth Day with Free Cone Day.
2. Treehugger has 10 Great Earth-Focused Cities. Number 10? Boston. And I bet you can’t guess number 1.
3. Check out National Geographic’s gallery of unusual ways to observe Earth Day.
4. Or you could subscribe to a blog with green tips and tricks, like my friend Allie’s. That’s where I found the National Geographic link.
5. If you’re in one of several locations in California, you could get your hybrid car washed for free.
6. I almost didn’t post this one because I want a set, but I am nothing if not willing to share the love when it comes to freebies:
Be one of the first 60 people to visit HolidayLEDs.com starting at 10 a.m. eastern time on Earth Day, and you’ll win a set of solar powered LED Christmas lights.
7. That tip is part of The Daily Green’s 11 Earth Day Discounts, too.