Tuesdays are Your Turn – Summer Vacation

Summer’s on my mind lately.

I’ve got several half-formed plans swirling around in my brain, including a trip to Yellowstone. I’m pretty excited about that one, and while I doubt anything else I do this summer can top the exploration of one of the largest active volcanic regions (SUPERVOLCANO) on Earth, a few weekend and day trips are in the works, too. I hope you’ll stick around to read about them.

But how about you? Headed to the beach or a supervolcano yourself?

What are you doing this summer?

19 responses to “Tuesdays are Your Turn – Summer Vacation”

I’m going for my Shodan grading (first black belt). I don’t know if I’ll suceed, but I’ll have a fun time either way! As for the rest of the summer… I intend to drop by my parents’ place for a week or so, probably later on in the summer and I’ll have to go to a family wedding, but other than that, I’m probably going to stay home and work. Summer vacation means a break from TAing so I can get more research done on my grad studies.

Good luck! Let us know how testing goes.

My kids are super busy this summer. We’re taking a long weekend to go to Cape Cod, then the girls are off to 2 weeks of summer day camp, then Abby is off to 1 week of OVERNIGHT camp (her first time)…then on a trip with my parents…FINALLY a trip to Disney with us (and the Star Wars Celebration in Orlando…Daddy and Abby are going to geek it out together) I think I’m going to need a summer vacation to recover from our summer vacation.

Yeah, you are. We’re doing the opposite – considered maybe 2 monthlong half-day camps for both of them, but this year’s been so crazy we want an under-scheduled summer. They might do a weeklong camp here and there, but we’ll see.

I am to be confined to the lab for most of the summer, but get a week off to go to our favourite music festival in BC. Then it’s off to Montreal at the end of the summer to get KJ settled in at university.

I’m trying to persuade my dad to trek around Baffin Island with me next summer. That’s a trip that takes a lot of planning though.

Hey, Danielle, what kind of lab are you to be confined to? I’ll be spending most of the summer in a chem lab, myself. :)

Abby does far better when she has a schedule. I’m not capable of structuring my day as much as she needs it to be. Then of course, I can’t send one without the other, or they would tell me how UNFAIR it all is.

I guess it’s only crazy busy for the girls…I get to sit around and wait for them. I hope I can get some subbing jobs for the summer program in our district.

Sarah, I’m in a molecular bio lab! I love it although I jokingly complain about being confined to a windowless space for 8 hours a day.