Field Day

My kid dominated the 50-yard dash. Look at the muscles popping out on her shoulder and upper arm. Kid is freakishly strong; must be all that volleyball she plays:

And the sock toss:

She is not, however, much of a distance runner. The mile almost did her in.

Well, her and most of the other kids. What you can’t see in this picture are the 10 or so of her friends sprawled out on the grass around her:

Her sister dominated on the long jump, pretty much.

And here’s the Sidekick during the bucket brigade. All the squealing second graders at this event looked a lot like a bunch of puppies wriggling around under the spray of a garden hose.

Field Day events wore her out by the end of the day, too:

As for me, I walked around with a camera all day and sunburned the tops of my feet. Clearly, a good time was had by all.

9 responses to “Field Day”

1. Samantha says:

go ag! its actually really helpful to me to see this. Knowing how bad it used to be for kyra and seeing this? gives me hope that maybe my miss monkey wont always be flaring this bad this often

YAY!!! Way to KICK IT, AG!!! Like Samantha, stuff like this gives me hope. Something that is in remarkable short supply right now…so this is VERY timely.

Looks like a great time. I’ll have to find out when Field Day is for my girls….and to see if I can go and hang out.

There is hope. When the girls were little, I never would’ve protected predicted she’d be my athlete.

That looks like so much fun! :)

Also I wanted to say – I also was on the volleyball team for two years. It’s a great sport since it more or less lets you use your energy in bursts. You’re not constantly running, like, say, in soccer.

Also, about muscles, my friend made a comment about my strong stomach muscles yesterday and asked if that’s from all the chest rattling coughing I do. Ummm… maybe? Didn’t think I coughed THAT much.

Well, I suppose as far as side effects of having asthma go, you could do worse than strong abs. :)

Re: volleyball–she used to play basketball and like that, too, but nowhere near as much as she loves volleyball. I’ve actually often wondered if she enjoys volleyball more because her lungs like it better!

7. I just added this webpage to my rss reader, excellent stuff. Can not get enough!