Boulders and Breathing in Rocky Mountain National Park

Just look at this asthma kid of mine:

She scrambled up the side of that giant boulder at Sprague Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park in about 15 seconds.

Because she is strong and fierce, even though her lungs aren’t, always.

Here, she’s waving to the Steadfast Sidekick on the other side of the lake:

The clouds rolled into Moraine Park, a valley carved out by glaciers and one of the best views at RMNP, as we drove out on Sunday afternoon:

This place, literally a day trip from my front door, never gets old.

Neither does watching my bronchial-challenged kid run, climb, and hike her way through it.

18 responses to “Boulders and Breathing in Rocky Mountain National Park”

I’m totally going to come visit, and hike with you. I love hiking, and with prior planning, my kid might be able come with. The scenery is amazing, and SO unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. Thanks for sharing.

DO IT. I will be your guide. I mean, I do get lost all the time and lack an internal compass, but hey – it’d be an adventure.

Ha! I used to get lost in the woods all the time as a kid. However, unlike most kids I knew, being lost didn’t really bug me since I knew the tricks of how to find my way out in that area, plus so long as I was not hurt, I always trusted that I’d be able to figure my way of getting my way out of it.

The fact that such an awesome place is so near to your home makes me jealous. Can I come hike too?

Sure! Although when I said I get lost all the time, I do mean ALL the time. Like, even when I’m just driving around the neighborhood.

6. Michelle says:

We went to the Appalachians last week and hiked a bit of the AT and I was floored at how well my asthmatic son did. He whined at the start of one of the hikes, but he never coughed or showed any signs of distress at all, like some of the adults did. :) In fact, he led the way much of the time.

As always, pretty pretty pictures! I want to go!