Milestone

Just so you all know.

I was working on a freelance article recently, and I had to read through the descriptions of asthma severity to refresh my memory.

I read, I wrote, and then I realized:

AG doesn’t fit the classification for moderate persistent anymore, and she hasn’t for awhile.

My kid. This kid right here:

Has mild persistent asthma now.

20 responses to “Milestone”

1. Steve says:

That’s Fantastic news. All the things that you’ve done right as a parent of an asthmatic child are paying off.

Here’s hoping to kick it another notch, down to Mild or Nuisance asthma.

That’s awesome! :D

Hurrah! That’s a great feeling, isn’t it? :)

Eeeee, I can sense your chuffed-ness (I know, I made that word up). A happy milestone indeed!

Thanks, all! And Steve, few things would make me happier than that. At any rate, It’s a wonderful milestone to recognize a month before sending the kid off to Outdoor Lab!

6. Libby says:

That’s awesome! Would you mind sharing a link to a description of the different levels of asthma severity? I confess, my son’s asthma is sort of our “secondary” health issue. Since it’s well controlled with Singulair and Pulmicort (and not as immediately life threatening or lifestyle impacting) as the food allergies), I am not as educated as I should be.

7. Libby says:

Thanks for the link. My son falls into the intermittent category, but he is on medication. Usually we only notice his asthma if he has a respiratory infection. The description says maintenance meds aren’t necessary for this level, but 1) I think he’s doing so well BECAUSE he’s on the meds (before there were some scary trips to the ER), and 2) if his breathing is impaired, an allergic reaction is more likely to be fatal, so we don’t have any leeway.

Amy, I know you’re not a doctor, but I’d really appreciate your take on this!

that’s so fabulous. Amazing how your reality can change, and you don’t even notice until you pay attention.

Congrats on your milestone!

LOVE this!!!! :D

I’m with Steve and hoping it gets knocked down another notch too! Woohoo!!

PS. Complete side note, I LOVE her jacket.

Libby–I’m emailing you.

Sara & Kerri–Thanks! How awesome would intermittent be? She’d be thrilled, that’s for sure.