Tuesdays are Your Turn – Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes

Talking about Thanksgiving recipes on Friday was sort of fun because I love to cook.

And taking a break from our typical lung talk always makes for a good time, too.

So in the interest of knowledge and crowdsourcing and using the powers of the Internet for good (or something like that), let’s talk food:

Who wants to share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes?

I linked to the best cranberry sauce ever (EVER!) on that Friday post, so now it’s your turn. Got a knack for turning out the most amazing pies every year? Does your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend make a mean stuffing and gravy? How about drinks? Anyone in your family make holiday punch or other tasty adult beverages?

I would not, for example, complain if someone turned up a really stellar hot buttered rum recipe in time for my own dinner.

Links are okay today, too.

Let’s discuss.

22 responses to “Tuesdays are Your Turn – Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes”

1. Samantha says:

I really dont do anything all that special for thanksgiving. we make turkey, and corn, and pies (always mincemeat! ) among other things. Though I did make a really tasty batch of garlic mashed potatoes one year, to go beside the regular ones….

I don’t have any but I am looking forward to seeing other people’s recipes. Always looking for new ideas!

3. Kat says:

I don’t have the recipe with me at school but I make some mean pies. Although, I’ve learned through experience that while forgetting to add the egg to a pumpkin pie does make it not cook into a custard on the first baking, pulling it out of the oven and carefully cooling some of the filling before mixing in the egg will successfully save the day!

The only different part than a typical traditional thanksgiving meal my family has for thanksgiving is pineapple casserole. Loved by everyone in the family and guests. Super easy to make.
    6-7 slices of bread, cubed
    3/4-1 cup sugar
    1 stick butter, melted
    1 large can of crushed pineapple
    Mix together and bake at 375 for 30 min.
    I said it was easy. :)
    If you want the dairy and gluten free recipe, I’ve got it posted here: http://foodallergyfroggie.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/pineapple-casserole/

Oh, yeah, and be careful to let it cool before you taste it… you don’t want to burn your tongue. It’s realllly good, that when I make it, I have trouble waiting long enough. :P

Danielle–I almost – ALMOST – made some blondies with leftover candy corn baked in, but I resisted. I still might, only plus pumpkin.

Kat–I never would have thought to do that. Good to know!

MC–Hmmm. I’m not such a fan of cooked pineapple, but it sure sounds interesting. :)

Amy, I’m not a fan of cooked pineapple either, but this stuff, well, it’s amazing.

Huh. Sounds like this one cookie recipe a relative of mine makes–it’s main ingredients are nuts and coconut, but the cookies taste like neither of those things. In fact, people who hate coconut love them. I’m intrigued.