Friday Links – Breathing Blog News, Starfish Medicine

First off, a little Friday love for some other lung bloggers:

Fun With Oximeters
If you’re not reading Breathin’ Stephen’s Breathing Basics series, you should be. This post covers oxygen saturation. What is it? What makes it drop? How do doctors measure it? Find out over at Steve’s place.

Well, Then
Our very own Kerri has a new vlogging gig and if you’ve ever read her blog, you know she’s particularly suited to this sort of venture. Go check it out.

Eva’s Video
In 2011, U.S. viewers will get their first chance to see 65_RedRoses, the film about Eva Markvoort, may she rest in peace, and her battle with cystic fibrosis.

Learning About Over-the-Counter Asthma Meds
They’re cheaper and money’s tight for a lot of people right now, but here’s what you should know about the OTC formulations.

Finally, some news and research links:

Will Starfish Slime Become the Newest Asthma Treatment?
Possibly.

Respiratory Disease, Not Stroke, Now the Third-Leading Cause of U.S. Deaths
Asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis fall under this category, while heart disease still sits at number one and cancer at number two.

77 responses to “Friday Links – Breathing Blog News, Starfish Medicine”

Hey, thanks for the link love! :)

2. Melissa says:

Very cool. I really like the link about the star fish! I was just re-reading Madeline L’Engle’s book called “The Arm of the Starfish.” Have you ever read it? It’s a good read and one of the main characters is a Marine Biologist and does top secret research of starfish. L’Engle also wrote A Wrinkle in Time.

No, I haven’t, but I love Madeleine L’Engle’s books. I’ll have to look for that one–thanks!

I read A Wrinkle In Time for the first time when I was seven. It was, and remains, an instant favorite. Unfortunately, I’ve never been able to get my hands on any other L’Engle books. They’re a bit hard to get around here.

we play the “who is satting highest” game at our house…winner gets a little prize (some sort of a treat)

6. Tom Arns says:

Whoah! this blog is magnificent i love reading your posts. Keep up the great work!