I’ve been stuck in party planning mode (more on that tomorrow) and AG’s middle school registration paperwork (and related curriculum decisions) for the next school year, but hey. Better late than never on these stories. Let’s start with the best one:

First Successful Tests of a Universal Flu Vaccine
More and larger trials are in the works, but results so far look good for this “super” vaccination. Not only would this shot protect people from ALL influenza strains, but it would also last for 10 years and help older people better than the current yearly shots do.

From Childhood Flaring to Daily Marathons for a Year
Have you heard about this guy, Stefaan Engels? He’s Belgian and just finished running a marathon – or the distance equivalent of one, if not an actual race – every single day for 365 days in a row. Incredible, huh? Even more impressive: doctors told him not to play sports at all as a kid because of his health.

Allergies = Lower Risk of Brain Tumors?
Here’s one major possible benefit for allergic folks.

Family Meals Could Help Asthma Kids’ Health
Kids that eat and talk around the table with their families appear to have milder asthma symptoms and better health than those who don’t, and researchers point to the opportunities for communication during these meals. Meaning it’s probably not the family dinner itself that’s so important but rather any daily, quality time together as a family and the related effort to pay attention.

Or that’s how I’m reading it, anyway, perhaps because I anticipate a time in the near future (see: middle school, above) when time and schedules don’t permit the Asthma Mom family nearly as many dinners together as it currently enjoys.

———-
Influenza A H1N1 image: Scherle.com

19 responses to “Monday Links – Closing in On a Super Flu Vaccine, Allergies and Brain Tumors, Family Dinner”

Universal flu shot is nifty! I hope it’ll be on the market sooner rather than later (but one of my profs told me that drug development can take as long as 15-20 years, so I’m not holding my breath)

Woooooohoo for Super Flu Shot!

I read the family dinner/asthma thing, too. Determined that maybe lack of family happy relationship-ness is what’s wrong with MY lungs. Ah well.

I’m just happy to see signs of the vaccine in my lifetime and, more importantly, AG’s and the Sidekick’s!

4. AmericanHealthJournal is looking for content based partnerships with website owners in the health care niche. AHJ is a health care web site containing over 3000 of high quality medical videos. We are looking for bloggers to write guest blogs to our website. Please message us at our contact form on our site.

5. First off I want to say wonderful blog! I had a
    quick question which I’d like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing. I’ve had a hard
    time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out there.
    I do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like
    the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted just trying to figure out how to begin.
    Any recommendations or hints? Cheers!

6. Gale says:

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information.
    I am glad that you just shared this helpful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

7. Usually I don’t learn article on blogs, however I wish to say thatt
    this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do
    so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice article.

8. Heya i am for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I am hoping to present one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.

9. Do you have a spam problem on thius website; I akso am a blogger, and
    I was curious about your situation; wee have developed
    some nice practices and we are looking to trade techniques with other folks, pleaase shoot me
    an e-mail if interested.

10. It’s not myy first time to ggo to seee this site, i am visiting thyis web page dailly and
    take good data from here every day.

11. Thznk you a bunch for sharing thi with all folks you really recognisee
    what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk oer with my
    web site =). We could have a hyperlink alternate contract between us

12. Heey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. Thee text in your post seem to be running off the screen
    in Opera. I’m not sure if this is a formatting isdsue
    oor something to do with browser compatibility buut I thought I’d podt to lett you
    know. The style and design look great though! Hope you get the issue ressolved soon.
    Cheers

13. Lindsay says:

Keep onn working,great job!

14. roofing says:

I feel that is one of the so much significant info for
    me. And i’m satisfied studying your article. However should statement on ffew common issues, The web site taste
    is perfect, the articles is in point of facdt excellent : D.
    Excellent process, cheers

15. gnats says:

Hi, its good paragraph regarding media print, we all understand media is a fantastic source of information.

16. Allen Mark says:

Thanks for this post. You have mentioned scientific reasons here. Healthy and happy lifestyle always works wonders for many diseases. As you mentioned here the importance of having regular family dinner can prevent asthma in family members with a scientific & logical reason. It will also increase the moments of happiness and so improved health.

17. csgo says:

Great looking website. Assume you did a bunch of your very ownyour very own html coding

18. Good Quality item. Good seller to deal with